Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious ailment induced through a new virus.
The disease reasons respiratory sickness (like the flu) with signs and symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in greater extreme cases, trouble breathing difficulties. You can shield yourself by using washing your palms frequently, warding off touching your face, and avoid close contact (1 meter or three feet) with people who are unwell.
The disease coronavirus seems to have originated from a Wuhan seafood market the place wild animals, which includes marmots, birds, rabbits, bats and snakes, are traded illegally. Coronaviruses are recognized to soar from animals to humans, so it’s the concept that the first human beings contaminated with the disease – a crew initially made up of stallholders from the seafood market – incurred it from contact with animals.
The virus that causes the disease is called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, or Sars-CoV-2 for short.(1)
Sickness caused by SARS-CoV-2 was recently termed COVID-19 by the WHO, the new acronym derived from “coronavirus disease 2019” (2)
Despite the global panic in the news about this virus, you’re not going to contract SARS-CoV-2 unless you’ve been in contact with anyone who has a SARS-CoV-2 infection(3).
Let’s get into read, symptoms, precautions, and Coronavirus Prevention Tips >>
What are the Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 (4)are :
- Tiredness, &
- Dry Cough
Some sufferers may have:
- Aches & Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
These signs and symptoms are generally considered and start gradually. Some people may become infected but no development of symptoms and don’t feel unwell.
Most of the people about 80 percent recover from the disease without needing special treatment, and nearby 1 out of every 6 people who gets attacked by COVID-19 becomes seriously unhealthy & develops difficulty breathing(5).
- Older people
- Those with underlying medical problems like High blood pressure, Diabetes, Heart problems are more likely to develop severe illness.
People who are suffering from fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.
How Coronavirus (COVID-19) Spread?
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease, virus which spreads primarily through the small droplets generated when an infected person
- Coughs, exhales, sneezes
- Through droplets of saliva, discharge from the nose
These droplets land on objects & surfaces around the person.
After that people around the place can catch the COVID-19 by touching the surfaces or objects. Then they will touch their mouth, nose, or eyes.
People can also catch COVID-19 if they inhale the droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets.
It is very much important to stay more than 1 meter or 3 feet away from a COVID-19 infected person or who is sick.
How to Prevent Coronavirus?
The most reliable way to prevent the spread of infection is to limit contact or touch with people who are exposing symptoms of Coronavirus, or serious illness, or any respiratory infection.
The another best thing you can do is to follow a good hygiene and keep social distancing to stop bacteria and viruses from spreading.
Stay home if you are feeling sick, or any respiratory disease. If you have Cough, cover it with a tissue, or cough into your upper sleeve. Never cough into your hands or open air, if you do so it will spread.
Coronavirus Prevention Tips
Follow these Coronavirus Prevention Tips and stay away from the pandemic.
- Do wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds, with soap(with warm water), or liquid handwash, or alcohol-based hand rub, or sanetizer.
- When you sneeze or cough, make sure to cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue
- Avoid contact or touch your eyes, nose, mouth, or face when your hands are not hygiene
- Do not meet or contact closely with the people who are unwell, maintain atleast 1 meter or 3 feet
- Do not go out if you’re feeling ill or have any cold symptoms.
- Make sure the objects are cleaned when you are about to touch. Use disinfectants on objects which you touch frequently like mobiles, laptops, utensils, and doorknobs.
[ Also check: 20 Benefits of Yoga That are Supported by Science ]
How to Protect Yourself & Others from the spread of COVID-19 disease?
Be aware of the latest information of COVID-19 outbreak which is available on the public health authorities like national, state, local.
Reduce the spread of COVID-19 with these Precautions:
- Washing Hands: Regularly washing your hands with handwash or soap and water or using alcohol hand rub to kill the virus which your hands contain.
- Social-distance: Maintain at least 1 metre distance to the person who looks sick, if you do not maintain the distance or if you go nearby to the infected people virus will spread to you. Also, keep distance with someone who coughs or sneezes. Their small droplets from mouth or nose which contain may cause to infect you.
- Avoid Touching Your Face: Make sure you avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth. Once the virus contaminated, hands can transfer it to your nose, eyes, or mouth. After that, the virus can From there, the virus can infiltrate your body and can make you sick.
- Follow Good Hygiene: When you cough or sneeze cover your mouth and nose with your tissue or bent elbow. (Don’t forget to dispose of used tissue immediately into the dustbin. Follow good respiratory hygiene you can protect the people around you from the deadly virus(COVID-19)
- Stay Home Stay Safe: If you are feeling unwell, or somewhat ill because of fever, cold, cough or respiratory symptoms seek some medical attention and follow the instructions or directions given by the local health authority.
- Avoid Travelling Areas: Avoid traveling to places, especially if you are an older person or lung & respiratory or have diabetes, heart diseases. These people may have a higher chance of catching COVID-19 in one of these areas.
Stay Home & Stay Safe – Read this:
How to Change the Mood of Your Girlfriend When You Both Fought Last Night
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
1. Should I worry about COVID-19?
Illness during COVID-19 infection is generally mild peculiarly in children and young adults. Neverthless, it can cause serious illness. It is therefore quite normal for people to worry about COVID-19 outbreak, and that will affect to loved ones. We have to protect ourselves to stop the virus contamination through thorough hand-washing & good respiratory hygiene.
2. Is there a vaccine drug or treatment for COVID-19?
Not yet. There is no vaccine & no specific antiviral medicine to prevent or treat COVID-2019.
3. Can I catch COVID-19 from my pet?
No, COVID-19 is mainly spread through droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks.
4. How long does the virus survive on surface?
Studies(6) suggest that coronavirus may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days.
Best Article , Good information .
[…] was faced by a majority of companies that were till now dependent on nations highly impacted by COVID-19. Halt in supply impacted getting adequate product used in factories which meant that production as […]